Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, here we are.. 01/01/09. It even looks odd to see it in print. Today is the day that we all make plans for the new year; plans to get out of debt, loose weight, simplify our lives, etc, etc. And then in a week or so, we'll look back and wonder how things could get out of hand, again, so easily.

I've decided to take a slightly different approach this year. Yeah, I'm like many of you... Definitely need to loose some around the middle, definitely need to find some traction financially in these tough economic times. But, I've decided that I want 2009 to the year of open eyes. The past two years have been "reactionary" a little bit. We've battled cancer, taken on the role of parents, and continued to explore life in a VERY young church. This year, I want to be even more aware of the opportunities that God gives me, and then be faithful to respond.

At the same time, I also know that I can't get caught up in the business trap that is so easy for Christians to fall prey to. Busy does not equal Godly... so I guess that brings me back to balance. Am I rambling?

Anyway, I'm excited about the opportunities. I'm excited about seeing RCC take another step towards maturity. I'm excited to travel to India and see the Holy Spirit do what ONLY He can do in a place that is so dark. I'm excited to see another church that RCC will partner with begin to take root in Fargo, ND. And I'm excited to see how my family will continue to morph and develop.

I'm looking forward to a great year... and I hope that you are as well.

No comments: