Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crazy Week

I knew coming in that this was going to be a crazy week.  There are a thousand little details that have to be resolved before I head around the world to India on Friday, plus the day to day routine of leading a church remains as well as leading a household.  It seems that God is opening doors for new friendships and new opportunities to live out my faith.  It has been a huge reminder that the Christ-following life is always full of surprises and opportunities.

Don't get me wrong.  I know that "business" doesn't equal "Godliness."  Far from it.  But I do believe that when we pray for opportunities, He gives them, as well as empowers us to accomplish that which He has called us.  

We asked Ridgies (RCC members and attenders) to pray for fertile soil as we head to India, so I'm repeating that request here.  Pray for safety for us as travelers.  Pray for the "ground crew" that is there, that live there, that God has been using... Pray for their encouragement and clear vision for the task at hand.  And certainly pray for those that our team will have contact.  There is such a huge spiritual need; I am confident that the Holy Spirit is already going before us.

I can't promise daily updates from India because of internet availability, but there will be contact.  It's going to be a great trip after a crazy week.

No comments: