Friday, October 16, 2009

Driving in Middle Tennessee

A good friend told me last week to get my tail in gear and start blogging again. I guess I've gotten lazy depending on my twitter and facebook accounts to..... do whatever it is that they do. Anyway, since my conversation with Matt, I've felt a little convicted, so, we'll go again with this thing and see what happens. Here you go Matt.

Since it's Friday, Pam and I headed out on our weekly "Adventure Friday," and found ourselves heading to Opry Mills for some shopping. The funny part is that we only make that trek about once a year, and that's typically in December. So, I suggested that we wouldn't have to do that this year... she didn't bite, but I digress...

Here's the point. It's October... October 16 to be exact, and yet the mall was crazy and drivers were worse. Why is it that when people get in the vicinity of "mass consumerism," they loose their ability to drive? Then again, maybe they only fake knowing how to drive in the first place? Anyway...

So here's the deal. The holidays are just around the corner and many of us will be out "consuming," so just respect the other people around you as you look for that "secret" parking spot. But more than that... come on people... you're not the only people on the road.

There, Matt, I've done all that I can do.

No comments: