Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Change... can be an scary word

Ok, back off... I know its been forever since I've posted a blog.  Believe me, I'm not proud.

Be prepared, I'm backed up a little, so hang on.  

My neighbors are moving, and I'm not happy.  It's been great getting to know them since they moved in 2 years ago.  Having new neighbors can be cause for a little anxiety, especially when lots are as small as ours.  The Broadways, however, have been great, and it's been fun watching their kids grow, exchanging lawn care tall tales (its a guy thing), and chatting at dusk about the local community gossip... not that we gossip.

So, now, they are moving, and we have the opportunity to meet a whole new set of neighbors somewhere down the road.  But hey... isn't that how life is?  I mean, our circumstances are always in flux... sometimes for the better, sometimes, not so much.

As I talked to Daren and Joann last night, I was reminded once again that God brings people in and out of our lives for a season and for a purpose.  We need to keep our eyes open and our senses acute.  I don't want to miss anything, or anyone, cuz times, they are a changin'.

Thanks, Broadways, you've been great neighbors!

No comments: