Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Slowing and Slow Rain

Rain is moving in, and apparently, the cold rolls in tonight and tomorrow. I'm sitting in the Franklin Mercantile finishing up prep for staff meeting, and on first glance, it looks a little dreary outside. The rain had started as I left Spring Hill, and my first thought, was, "oh great, a rainy drive." But the funniest thing occurred to me on the drive. When it rains, everything seems to slow down. Yeah, there are crazies who think wet roads translates into faster driving. But most of us tend to slow down and be a little more cautious.

In a season that tends to spin out of control, every opportunity to slow down should be seen as a good thing. My calendar, and really our family calendar, can get jammed. But I think we've made the intentional choice to control what we schedule. Relationships and quality time matter. What is going on in peoples lives around me matter. I'm determined to make time for what is important this Christmas season.

I'm glad its raining. I'm glad for the reminder to slow down. I hope you can slow down a little today and the rest of the Christmas season.

No comments: