Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life and stuff, and a little rugby

I haven't been doing too well at blogging as of late.  It's not that I don't have anything to say... those in my household will tell you I always have something to say.  It's just been a time thing.  So, I'm writing this at 10:30 at night, when I should probably be thinking about sleeping, but I'm determined to get a few things said.  Pardon me while I ramble a bit.
First of all, I love my life group.  I don't like always going to LG, but when I'm there I love it... and love them.  This past Sunday night was huge... we got down and dirty with some relationship issues.  Everybody had input, no body dominated the conversation (unless I did), I thought that everybody left thankful that they came.  
Why bring this up?  After, if I don't like LG, and I'm supposed to be the ring-leader of the thing, then we have real problems.
I mention it, because, there are so many people around me who simply don't have a group of people to "lean in to."  No body to get "down and dirty" with life issues, especially when life passes through the filter of scripture. 
Here's the good news:  I got an email from "Linda" today that she had sent to tons of people that she knows.  It was all about how important her LG was to her and her husband, and why others should be involved in a group.  Thats good stuff... her words carry a lot more authority than mine.  Thanks "Linda" for the encouragement.
On a totally different subject, I'm loving rugby.  I love the team aspect, love watching these guys begin to "get" it.   And I'm totally pumped about our first game next week.  First home game EVER at IHS.  Ben and the boys are counting the days... probably the hours.  I think I am as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie and I are still living and breathing small group just like you modeled to us so many years ago. We are definitely still seeing our fair share of "dirt". However, isn't it wonderful that we have a Father that removes the "dirt" for us.