Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gearing up for India: redeaux

What a week!  And it's just Thursday!!  It seems that so much over the past couple of months has been pointing to this week, and now, it's finally here.  Tomorrow, I will leave with three student from RCC to head to India to partner with our church planting friends.  While I'm excited about this new international adventure, I am absolutely stoked to see these young men see first hand what God is doing on the front-lines of Gospel seed-sowing.  I know it will be amazing.

All of that being said, the week has been a challenge.  We would be stupid to thing that the enemy would just sit by and offer no distractions... boy has he been busy.  I say that just to say:  pray for this "wide-eyed" group that will embark on a life changing journey during spring break when so many their age will choose other diversions.  Pray for safety; pray for endurance in oppressive heat; pray for wisdom in knowing when to speak and when to be silent; and pray for the families that will remain here in the states.

God is a good God, and the journey of "followship" is always faith demanding.  I can't wait to see what He will do over the next 9 days.  Look for updates from me on twitter, either on the left of this blog or on Facebook.  

Next stop:  East India!

No comments: