Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Chapters, Missed Opportunities

You need to spend some casual, relaxed time with someone... someone that you've been thinking for some time, "I need to have them over for dinner."  I've just been reminded the past few days that when seasons change in someone's life, it effects lots of people.  Now, before you all make a collective, "duh," just humor me.  

I know this... I've known it for some time.  But, like most of us, I let life get in the way, and don't always put a high value on relationships.  Then, life happens, and change comes, and I'm left with regret.  I'm not trying to be Danny Downer, but we all need to be reminded of this from time to time.  

There is someone on your mind right now that you need to meet at your favorite coffee house (everyone say, "I need Starbucks!).  Someone keeps coming up in conversation with your spouse that you both want to have over for dinner... do it.  Fire up the grill, enjoy the carcinogens, and have a great evening.  

Life is too short.  I have long been convinced that God brings people in, and out, of our lives, for the benefit of both, and in His perfect timing.  Don't miss those precious minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All too true - why do we wait until someone is leaving our life to enjoy their life! We really are dumb sheep.